We focus on your mortgage needs with the goal of delivering a straightforward and convenient application experience. Let us show you how easy it is to apply for mortgage financing with us.
How to Apply
Gather Essential Information
To get ready to apply, have the following information on hand:
- Financial: Income, asset and expense information
- If buying: Estimated purchase price and down payment amount
- If refinancing: Estimated property value and loan amount
Begin the Mortgage Inquiry Process
It's easy to start the financing process:
- Contact a local mortgage consultant by phone or email.
- Complete the online form by clicking “Start the mortgage process,” and we'll promptly follow up with you on the next steps.
- Your mortgage consultant will ask for the financial and property information you've gathered. To complete your application, you'll also need to submit your supporting documents.
Provide Supporting Documents
Your home mortgage consultant will:
- Request additional documents that we will need you to provide
- Provide a three-page document called a Loan Estimate within three business days after receipt of your applicaton
- The Loan Estimate provides an estimate of the costs of obtaning your loan and the anticipated cash needed to close
- After you review the Loan Estimate, you must indicate in writing your intent to proceed with the transaction
Avoid delays by submitting all pages of legible documents as soon as possible, along with any required fees.
After You Apply
Financial and Property Review
Your mortgage consultant will submit your application for review and verification. Next, we will:
- Verify employment, income, and financial information
- Order an appraisal to determine the appraised value of your property
- Complete other services such as title insurance and flood certification
- Let you know the status of your application within two business days
Prepare to Close
Once your application is approved, we’ll work with you and your closing agent to complete the following steps:
- Confirm or set a closing date to sign your loan documents
- Review the title insurance to ensure you have clear title to the property
- Review your homeowner’s insurance policy to ensure your coverage is adequate
Prior to closing, you will receive a Closing Disclosure for your review with your final closing figures so you can obtain a cashier's check for your closing costs (and down payment, if buying a home).
Finally, we will send the Closing Disclosure and closing documents to your closing agent. On your closing day, review the documents carefully wtih your agent, then sign and date them.
- If buying a home, collect your keys and move in. Congratulations!
- If refinancing, you have a three-day right-of-rescission to cancel the transaction